Yesterday I called my dad and asked him to take pictures of the indoor gym of the club because I will try to draw it and make it my set. My idea is to remake the gym and draw it with watercolors. I would also like to have a volleyball net on the set and a few plasticine balls on the floor. As Helen suggested in our last tutorial I researched backdrop animators and designers:
- Paul Julian – Warner Bros.
- Barry Kooser – Disney, Worker Studio
- Brice Mack – Disney
- Maurice Noble – Warner Bros., MGM Animation
- Kazuo Oga – Studio Ghibli, Madhouse
- Walter Peregoy – Disney, Format Films, Hanna-Barbera
- Tyrus Wong – Disney, Warner Bros
- Kōji Yamamura – Independent
- Yale Gracey – Disney
I’ve quickly looked thorough these and saved a few images that inspired me. I might do a sheet with them.
I have now a draft of my script. With that, I started imagining my character’s personality and her potential voice. I wrote a few notes that say her voice has to be:
- Happy, excited
- Young and fun
I will be able to edit the voice so I can play with it but I wouldn’t want to go too far from the original.